By getting your 60 minutes each day you can:
- Make new friends and have FUN
- Boost your confidence
- Make your bones and muscles strong
- Make your heart and lungs fitter
- Make it easier to concentrate at school
Sometimes we find it hard to move enough or to be active. Maybe we feel like we don’t have time?
- Maybe we live too far to walk to school?
- Maybe we are lonely?
- Maybe we get tired after school?
- Maybe the weather is too wet to go outside?
- Maybe our friends don’t want to play outside?
- Maybe we have too much homework?
Whatever the reason is, you can find ways of getting your 60 minutes of activity every day. You just need to be clever and think of ways to make it easier to be active like:
- Taking a dog for a walk
- Playing a team sport after school
- Planning games for outside with your friends (see here for ideas!)
- Asking your parent, sister, brother or friend to get involved in sport or activities with you
- Listening to music that makes you want to dance
- Wearing a rain jacket and wellies so that the rain can’t hurt you!
- Trying lots of different games and activities (skipping, jumping, cycling, scooting or trampoline games!) so that you can find something you really enjoy
- Spending less time using screens so that you have time for active fun
JUST GET OUT THERE AND HAVE FUN!
For ideas on what to do visit these websites: